Bilingual Member Service Representative
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Bilingual Member Services Representative – Solar/EVs is responsible for providing overall education and assistance to our members and prospective members with our clean-energy-focused savings and lending products. Position will also work closely with our loan officers in collecting supporting solar/EV loan documentation and in servicing or opening credit union accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication, customer service, and analytic skills, be aligned with our credit union’s clean energy focus, and be comfortable working with members and potential members online and over the phone. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Provide high level of member service when communicating with members as well as coworkers via email, phone and online chats
- Communicate with members to explain and gather required documentation needed for payout.
- Act as the liaison between the loan officer and member and/or dealer to communicate the loan decision or ask for additional information
- Obtain and verify accuracy of all required closing documentation.
- Coordinate loan closings and maintain loan closing schedule. Assist members with setting up a loan closing within the back office or by other closing channels.
- Perform in small office envronment where multiple duties may be assigned.
- Initiate outbound calls in accordance with departmental goals and established productivity levels while meeting standards for quality
- Calculate loan payments and interest calculations upon members’ request.
- Prepare denial and approval notices as needed.
- Advise management of any unusual loan or account inquiries or activity.
- Answer member questions about their loans or accounts.
- Cross sell credit insurance and other credit union products or services.
- Provide accurate information about credit union policies, procedures, and services.
- Receive new loan application via online and the telephone.
- Help with member accounts, back office operations and other duties required.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a must.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Solid communication and sales skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Quality results orientation with strong analytic and judgment skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to wear many hats in a young and growing organization.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a credit union or smaller financial institution
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience
- Loan Processor or lending experience a plus
- Volunteer or non-profit experience an added plus
- High school or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- The member services position spends most of the time sitting in an indoor office.
- This position may be eligible for part-time remote work.
- Substantial computer work.
- Occasional time is spent traveling and working irregular hours. May be required to attend meetings and or conferences where travel by car, plane, or other public conveyance may be required.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Salary: $17.50 – $19.50/hour
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.