Accounting Services Specialist I
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position works as a member of the Support Services team and is responsible for activities necessary to maintain recurring accounting and electronic payment functions, including both general ledger and accounts payable activities related to electronic payments. This position also supports general credit union operations, working with front-line staff to complete daily tasks and special projects to support our operations.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external members. Makes recommendations to
management to improve processes to make the credit union/department more efficient and to give
better service to our members.
- Perform daily accounts payable activities, including processing invoices, issuing checks, posting ACH
payments, and researching issues with vendors.
- Maintain records of Fixed Assets, including conducting periodic inventories.
- Assist with periodic regulatory reporting, including quarterly Call Reports.
- Process returned mail per red flag rules and procedures.
- Post checks received electronically via mobile deposit and manage deposit limit increases as
determined by management.
- Process share draft and ACH returns, including member contact and correcting entries.
- Manage disputes and ensure timely turnaround of electronic payments, shared drafts, and debit cards to
ensure compliance with regulations including Reg E.
- Process stop payment requests; fulfill check copy requests as needed.
- Works with our auditors/examiners to respond to requests for documentation as needed.
- Supports the lending team to help with the filing and/or releasing of UCC1’s liens.
- Assists in reviewing and creating processes and procedures.
- Maintains strong product and process knowledge.
- Provides accurate information about credit union policies and procedures.
- Keeps up with rules and regulations regarding electronic payments, checks, and debit cards.
- Works on special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Planning and Organizing– Establishing an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
- Quality Orientation– Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being consistently watchful.
- Positive Approach- Demonstrating a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting (yet realistic) outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it might present.
- Service Excellence – Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication – Possess and utilize compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands and complies – with all annual mandated training that pertains to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/AntiMoney Laundering/OFAC/Cybersecurity/Diversity & AntiHarassment/ Fair Lending
- Demonstrates Integrity – Gaining others’ trust by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing their own positions, treating others and their ideas with respect, and supporting them in the face of challenge.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting; or relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals (GAAP).
- 1+ years of financial institution and/or bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in Microsoft products.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience using computers and computer systems, entering data or process information.
- Strong math and analytical work experience.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Sedentary computer work
- This position is subject to irregular hours
- Substantial computer work.
- May require occasional travel to attend off-site meetings and or conferences
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
Compensation: $17.50 – $21
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.